1) Are you part of an APC, if so which one, and if so do you automatically accept APC recommendations?
Yes the CCG is part of the Lancashire Medicines Management Group. No APC recommendations are not automatically accepted by the CCG, these are considered by the Greater Preston and Chorley and South Ribble CCGs Medicines Management Group.
2) Do the hospitals within your CCG have separate formularies to primary care?
No the formulary is shared between Greater Preston CCG, Chorley and South Ribble CCG and Lancashire Teaching Hospitals.
3) Please can you provide the primary and secondary care formulary positions of the following drugs used in the treatment of pain according to their status as: suitable for primary care; suitable for secondary care initiation with follow up prescribing by a GP without a shared care agreement; suitable for secondary care initiation with follow up prescribing by a GP under a shared care agreement; suitable for secondary care prescribing only; not recommended/non-formulary.
(http://www.lancsteachinghospitals.nhs.uk/formulary) for each of the medications listed in attached list
4) Do you plan on reviewing your formulary for pain medication in the next 12 months?
Non-cancer pain guidance is in the process of being developed through the Lancashire Medicines Management Group. If the adoption of this guidance necessitates an amendment to the CCG formulary this will occur following the ratification of the guidance.
5) What are the Hospital Trusts covered by your CCG?
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Trust
6) Do you currently commission a pain management clinic?
Yes Pain management service is commissioned from Lancs Teaching Hospital Trust
7) Are you currently tendering, or plan to issue a tender in the near future, for a pain management service?
9) Please can you provide me with a link to any additional pain medication prescribing guidelines that sit alongside the formulary?