Giving up smoking
What is available to help you quit smoking?
The Quit Squad (external website) is your local Stop Smoking Service. They have specially trained advisors who are friendly, approachable and will not judge you.
You can access the service in the following ways:
- By calling 0800 328 6297
- By turning up to a stop smoking drop-in clinic
The Quit Squad also accepts referrals from GP practices, practice nurses, other health professionals and hospitals.
Where is the quit smoking service located?
The main way that people access the service is by using the stop smoking clinics that are located across Central Lancashire.
These include clinics at:
- Chorley Health Centre in Chorley
- Leyland Health Centre in Leyland
- St Mary's Health Centre in South Ribble
- Minerva Health Centre in Preston
What other quit smoking help is available?
The following links can provide some useful support and advice to help you give up smoking: