Hospital care and emergency services

Hospital care

Hospital services are provided by Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and based at three sites: Chorley and South Ribble Hospital (external website), Royal Preston Hospital (external website) and the Specialist Mobility and Rehabilitation Centre (external website).

You can find directions to the hospital sites by using this link.

The hospitals provide a range of care and treatment, which include surgery, overnight stays, outpatient appointments and rehabilitation.

The trust is also a regional specialist centre for the following care and treatment (note all links below go to an external site):

Visit the Lancashire Teaching Hospitals website to find out more about the services, care and treatment available at its hospital sites.

Emergency services

Accident and Emergency departments provide immediate emergency care for people who show the symptoms of serious illness or are badly injured, for example choking, chest pain, severe bleeding and blacking out.

Ambulance If you telephone 999 and tell the operator that there is a medical emergency, a response vehicle may be sent to your location.

Emergency services are very busy. They should be used for serious and life-threatening injuries and conditions only.

If you need any urgent advice, call NHS 111 or call your normal GP (family doctor) surgery and listen for the instructions on how to contact the GP our of hours service. You should also call NHS 111 if you need emergency dental care.