Keeping children and adults safe

NHS Chorley and South Ribble CCG has a statutory duty to make arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and to protect adults who may at risk of abuse.

Responsibilities of a commissioning organisation

As an organisation that buys health care services, we need to make sure that the providers we buy those services from have effective policies and procedures in place to help keep adults and children safe.  We do this by continually monitoring provider safeguarding policies, and by asking them to provide evidence of how they are meeting essential safeguarding standards.

You can use the menus on the left hand side to find out more.

CCG safeguarding policy

The Chorley and South Ribble safeguarding policy details the roles and responsibilities of the CCG and includes standards for commissioned services.

Chorley and South Ribble CCG Safeguarding Policy (PDF, 2MB) 

Chorley and South Ribble CCG Safeguarding Annual Report 2016-17 (pdf 388KB) 



Who do I contact if I suspect abuse?

Please note: If you have an urgent child/adult protection issue that requires immediate assessment out of normal working hours, you should make an appointment referral to the appropriate team.

For children or young people

Duty social worker (office hours):
Call 0300 123 6720
Emergency duty team (out of office hours):
Call 0300 123 6722

For adults

Adult social care team:
Call 0300 123 6721
Emergency duty team (out of office hours):
Call 0300 123 6722

If you think the abuse is also a crime

Police protection unit:
Call 0845 125 35 45
If it is an emergency:
Call 999
In a non-emergency:
Call 101

If you think the CCG needs to know

CCG safeguarding team (office hours):
Call 01772 214376

Designated nurse safeguarding children:
Call 01772 214368
Designated doctor safeguarding children:
Call 01772 716565
Lead nurse for safeguarding adults and mental capacity act:
Call 01772 214317