We are now seeking your response to the latest clinical policies to be developed by the NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in Lancashire and South Cumbria. There are 7 policies, all of which are existing clinical policies that have been amended to bring them into line with the national guidance from NHS England.
The clinical policies open for patient and public feedback are as follows:
- Policy for the Surgical Treatment of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Policy for Tonsillectomy/Adeno-Tonsillectomy
- Policy for the Surgical Release of Trigger Finger
- Policy for the Management of Otitis Media with Effusion (OME) using Grommets (the treatment of glue ear in children)
- Policy for Breast Reduction Surgery (separated from the existing Cosmetics policy)
- Policy for the Surgical Management of Gynaecomastia (enlarged male breasts) – separated from the existing Cosmetics policy
- Policy for the Removal of Benign Skin Lesions (separated from the existing Cosmetics policy)
To read these policies and provide your comments and feedback please click on the link below, which will take you to the Healthier Lancashire policy review webpage. You will be asked to complete a short survey for each policy you wish to provide feedback on. You will also find a level of change document, giving details of the changes between the amended policies and the original policies, and a Frequently Asked Questions document on the policy review webpage.
The public engagement for these policies will close on Monday 1 July.