Welcome to the your health section of our website. As well as being committed to helping you access the right services when you need them, we also want to help you take greater care of your own health too so that you, your family and your local community can live longer, healthier lives.
You can use this section of the site to get advice and support on:
You can also access a range of interactive tools to help you to manage your own health. (Please note, these tools will not work if you are viewing this site from a tablet or smart phone.)
Looking after you and your family - how ready are you?
Staying well and living longer
The NHS Choices website can help put you in charge of your own health and wellbeing, as it is packed with lots of information, tips, tools and advice to help you stay well and live longer.
There you will be able to find:
- An A-Z of treatments and conditions providing explanations on a whole host of illnesses and ailments
- Information, tips and tools to help you stay healthy and live well
- All the latest health and wellbeing news and research
You can also find out more about how you and your family can eat well, move more and live longer using the advice, tips and support on the Change 4 Life website.
Local health issues
Did you know that in the Chorley and South Ribble areas:
- The number of people suffering with respiratory problems is higher than the England average
- The number of people with dementia will increase by over 50% by 2025
- The number of women who smoke while pregnant is higher than the England average
- The number and length of hospital stays for conditions or harm caused by alcohol is higher than the England average
- In Chorley, the number of people diagnosed with diabetes is higher than the England average
- In South Ribble, alcohol specific hospital stays for those under 18 is higher than the England average